Becoming a Blogger
Everything You Need to Know About Starting, Growing, and Monetizing Your Blog in 2020
What does it really take to start a blog and make money working from home?
Today, I'm giving you an action-packed step-by-step guide to walk you through the process of starting, growing, and monetizing your blog. So that you can finally BE YOUR OWN BOSS (and make money doing it)!
And not just the basics.
We're breaking down everything you need to know about building your own successful blogging business from square one. From someone who has been there, done that!
But first, proper introductions ...
Hey there! I'm Cate Rosales, the blogger and business strategist behind SweetandSimpleLife.com... I've been blogging and working from home for over a decade. I teach aspiring entrepreneurs how to build their own blogging business so they can work from anywhere and make their own money on their own terms!
In this self-paced course, I'm going to show you the exact system that I used to create my blog, start my business, and start making money from my blog.
And I know a thing or two about making money blogging. I've been monetizing my blog since 2015 and have helped hundreds of students to monetize their blogs as well.
In fact, after just six months of side hustlin' on my blog, I was consistently making over $1,000 a month. And after just 12 months of hard work, I was able to walk away from my day job and work for myself full time.
Now, I make more money than I ever made working for someone else - I'm living/breathing proof that it really is possible to make money blogging!
Here are some screenshots of recent deposits I received from my blogging income, just for reference.
I promise I'm not sharing these figures to brag, it took A LOT of hard work to get me here.
I just want you to see how much money you can actually make from blogging - if you work hard, work strategically, and work consistently.
And in this comprehensive blogging course, I'm giving you access to my best tips, tricks, and tools to make that happen.
Here are just a few topics that this course includes:
- How to set up your blog the right way.
- How to get free products and cash from doing sponsored posts.
- How to write content that attracts readers to your blog.
- How to optimize your posts for search engines.
- The top 10 systems that bloggers use to make money online.
- A step-by-step guide for making money through affiliate marketing.
- How to use email marketing to grow your blog.
- How to optimize your social media channels to grow your blog.
The course also includes:
- A list of the top affiliate networks every blogger should join
- A list of 50+ sponsored networks every blogger should join
- A list of 30+ companies that will pay you to write for them
- Access to 50+ Facebook groups you can use for promotion
- Access to 60+ Pinterest groups you can use for promotion
We will focus on creating great content that readers love, reaching the right audience, making money from multiple revenue streams, and filling your blogging toolbox with the right tools for success.
Now, you're probably asking yourself, is this course right for me?
- If you are interested in making money from your blog, but you don’t know where to start, then this course is for you.
I designed this course for beginners and hobby bloggers that want to start making money from their blog. Although I do have some intermediate and advanced bloggers that benefit from the course as well, most of the content will be useful to those that do not yet have experience growing their audience or monetizing their blog yet.
Although this course does walk through the steps of setting up your blog, it is NOT a technical course and you don't need to be super "tech-savvy" to take it.
- If you’re looking for specific, strategic steps to build up a profitable blog, then this course is for you.
I'm all about providing an insane amount of value for a reasonable price, so that's what you're getting in this course!
This course is deep, detailed, and very specific. I'm going to shoot you straight from day one and show you the exact steps I took to build my blog into a money-making business. I also do my best to update the course on an annual basis, so as the blogging world changes, we can all adapt.
- If you’re okay with putting in the time and effort that it takes to become a successful blogger, then this course is for you.
Nothing works unless you do. You can buy a hundred courses just like this one, but you won't get anywhere if you don't put in the work.
And I'm not going to sugar coat this: there will be work involved. I worked my booty off for several years to get where I am today, and I still work hard every day.
Blogging is fun and flexible, but it's still work. Especially in the beginning. You are essentially building an online business from scratch.
This course will help you with the strategic plan and the proper tools, but you'll have to put in the time and effort. And you absolutely CAN do this.
Some things to consider before signing up for this course:
1. I recommend starting your blog on a self-hosted site, and the content in this course will reflect this recommendation. I will explain the step-by-step process of starting your self-hosted website using Siteground and Wordpress.org. You can use any hosting company that you choose, but my tutorials are focused on Siteground because that's who I use and recommend.
I do not have a lot of guidance to provide with regard to free blogging platforms, like WIX, Weebly, or Blogger. In fact, I don't recommend them if your desire is to build a profitable blogging business. If you want to build a blog using a FREE platform, this course probably isn't the right fit for you.
2. I recommend treating your blog like a real business, starting today. It will take time, patience, and investment for your business to grow. You are not going to get rich overnight just because you purchased this course. It's important to have realistic expectations.
This course will cover the essential parts of my personal business strategy, the pitfalls to avoid, and my top tips for building your blog into a profitable business. But you still have to put in the work to make it happen.
3. This is NOT a tech-focused course and this is not a Wordpress training course. In this course, you will find links to helpful tools, tutorials, and resources for learning the tech side of blogging, but THIS COURSE is not focused on those things. This course is focused on finding your readers, growing your audience, creating great content, and making money from your blog using various income streams.
SIGN UP NOW for access to the self-paced 21-module course, and you'll also get these three bonuses:
- Access to my online community of over 17,000 bloggers, for free support and daily blog traffic boosting
- Access to my comprehensive promotional lists for Facebook and Pinterest
- A discount on website hosting through the leader in the industry, Siteground
A year from now, you'll be wishing you started today. So, let's get you started!
This course is now open for enrollment.
** Cliffnotes for my quick scrollers out there:
This is a self-paced 21-module course focused on growing your blog audience and monetizing your blog. You get lifetime access to the course, our private blogging community, and all future updates.
The course covers various income stream options and provides plenty of tips, tools, and strategies to help you grow and make money blogging. It also includes details on growing an email list, growing your social media following, and protecting your blog legally.
The course is NOT a technical-focused course and it does not include technical assistance or detailed Wordpress training. Although we will walk through the process of setting up a blog and writing great content in your Wordpress dashboard, we are not focused on the tech side of blogging.
The course includes many helpful lists and freebies to assist you in your growth. And we do our best to update and add more value to the course each year!
Cate Rosales is the instructor behind this course and owner + educator behind the award-winning blog SweetandSimpleLife.com.
Cate is an online business manager turned blogger, who teaches people how to start, grow, and monetize their own blogs.
She's a passionate teacher and lives to educate and inspire bloggers, helping them to reach their income goals and live life on their own terms.
StartStep One: Choose a Niche/Target Audience
StartStep Two: Choose + Buy Your Domain Name
StartStep Three: Get Website Hosting
StartStep Four: Download Wordpress + Secure Your Site
StartStep Five: Choose a Theme + Customize Your Settings
Start3 Important Things Your New Blog Needs - Don't Skip!
StartHomework Assignment for Module One